Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Blogs that cannot tolerate dissenting views.......What happen to the right to dissent


This was my last response to Dr Rafick of R2W blog which was censored by him:

"Though I'm still miffed with doc, I'm more disappointed with him as I always see him as a beacon of a believer in freedom of expression. But all that is shattered with the censorship of my last few writes.

The only reason given for censoring my view was that my write "causes havoc" among the readers. This is most sad as it confirms that no pr bloggers believes in the freedom of expression.

I am not and will not be cowed by the tyrant of the intolerant majority. If the majority readers here (at R2W) feel threatened by by my write and reasoning they they can respond to it or like some unprincipled pr hardcores even unfairly personally abusing me (though I maintain my right to respond in a similar fashion). And if they can't respond, please note that they have the right not to read my comments. It's not me nor any writer for that matter who should be censored. This is what the universal standard on what freedom of expression means. I quote oft repeated words of Voltaire,

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Unfortunately, almost none of PR supporters believe in this.

What doc and pr supporters did does not bode well for the future of Malaysia. I don't believe now even an inch in any of pr slogan wanting a free media and press. Free media to pr news aggregators and pr supporters means the right to publish pr views and censor contrarion views. We are going back to yesteryears of UMNO.

So doc will decide. If he wants to follow the other pr bloggers and news aggregator of suppressing people's views and ideas it's his discretion. But if he allows me to write I will always write what I think and feel and not be cowed by the tyrant of the intolerant majority.

I have a right to write."


This intolerant attitude from a number of bloggers who extolled in public the right of freedom of expression and free media has been on the rise. From Dr Rafick to Din Merican to Dr. Hsu to Jahabar Sadiq of The Malaysian Insider.  All proclaimed to believe in free press but censored contrarion views that they cannot or unable to respond. They seemed to have ganged up of late going by Dr Rafick's statement. Perhaps due to the coming election. What a load of bull they are.

Din Merican is particularly arrogant. I have set up an "antidinmerican" blog to record down what transpired and show him and the world how intolerant he is to other peoples' views. Dr Hsu is peculiar as he seems mild mannered. I have been invited by Hua Yong ( a regular commentator there) and when I write my views Dr Hsu and his crony Professor Phua Lai Kit mostly replied by demeaning categorisation rather than countering my views point for point. That is fine but what is puzzling is that in one heated exchange mainly between Hua Yong and another idiot called Monsterball (where HY used superlative expletives), Dr Hsu banned me and not HY. Dr Hsu seemed very racist here as HY was more aggressive and personal than me and the difference is purely of race.

But the biggest hypocrit belongs to Jahabar Sadiq, the chief editor of The Malaysian Insider. He think we are stupid. He condemned Utusan but sounds, acts and writes like Utusan. Countless of my writes have been censored. Yet proclaimed we must fight for free media. His constant censorship of contrarian views led me to believe that TMI doctors their commentary columns. He condemned MSM for not publishing PR views but at TMI they censor PR contrarion views.

Rubbish isn't it? From now on, its different. This blog allow the freedom to express.




2 comments:

  1. Saya sokong !
    Blogger penyokong PR hampir semua munafiq belaka....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kau ni jantan, betina atau pengkit ?
    Aku takkan berdialog dengan pengkit....

    ReplyDelete